Friday, June 03, 2011

Time to fly. Time to ride.


I can't believe it's time to go.

After 6 months of training and $16,000 worth of fundraising, I leave in just a few hours for San Francisco, where, despite record breaking rains expected, we'll all begin our journey back by bike.

I can't wait. I'm excited, and scared, and anxious. Having never ridden in the rain before, the uncertainty is making me wonder if I prepared enough.

Deep down, I know I did.

This past week of bringing UNCHAINED to the stage didn't give me much time to think about anything else..which, in a way, was a good thing.

Now, having just found out, I am the 15th top fundraiser in Southern California, I could't be more excited and ready.

The show, by the way, turned out so so much better than I even hoped. People wondered how I had so many beautiful talented people in my life that would give of themselves so freely. I marveled at it myself. I am a lucky man. The show touched a lot of lives and I am still getting phone calls about how inspiring each performance was. We raised $1,500. I look forward with hopes that UNCHAINED becomes an annual event for AIDS/Lifecycle.

So, it's time to go.

Thank you to everyone who's cheered me on. I am thrilled, and I can't wait to see what's next.


1 comment:

BillGoat said...

Congratulations!!! Email me when you can! we met at pride! billgeorge@earthlink.net
You're my hero!