Monday, May 16, 2011

Let's Put on a Show!




Ok. I clearly don't have enough to stress about riding 545 miles in just 20 days.

I decided that it would be a crime against the arts, not to take advantage of the fact I am surrounded by such amazing talent. I decided that I MUST put on a show. So, Unchained - A benefit in song was born.

And the ball is rolling. After considering several venues and juggling schedules, I finally met up with the place where it seems it's meant to be. Don, the House Manager at The Coast Playhouse was terrific from the beginning. He appreciated what it is I'm trying to do, and said he really, really wanted it to happen there. That made two of us, as I think it's the perfect spot for a night of music, right in the heart of West Hollywood.

My friends are giving of their time and talent, and I think it's gonna be an amazing launch to an amazing experience (the ride itself..oh yeah! I almost forgot about the ride).

No, I have been fitting in training when I'm not dealing with show stuff. Having conquered the biggest hills around, and a couple of Century Rides, I am confident that the ride is not outside of my reach anymore. It will be tough, but not impossible. I think I have some good endurance and strength built up. (but yet, I still train as much as I can until the starting line.)

I am excited but a little stressed about the show, but confident it will all come together and be a night we remember for a long time.

No comments: